2021 Pick-Up Day Updates
New Pick-Up Days Starting June 6th, 2021
Watch for your route update letter in the mail!
Over the past couple of years our business has gone through several major changes. To name a few, we’ve added a number of team members, implemented a new customer/billing database, navigated the COVID-19 pandemic, acquired routes from other haulers adding hundreds of new customers to our weekly pick-ups, added another truck to the road and updated our routes a few times to accommodate our recent growth. We feel our team and our customers handled these changes exceptionally well! However, when there is growth and change, growing pains and learning curves are a given. We want to thank all our customers for bearing with us as we went through these transitions. You all have been awesome, and we look forward to servicing you well into the future!
To distribute the work more evenly for our operators we do need to make one more major route change. We hope this is the last major route adjustment we need to make for a while. New pick-up days will go into effect the week of June 6th, 2021. You will be receiving a letter in the mail with your pick-up day on it. Please watch for this letter!! Note that not everyone’s pick-up day will be changing. Don’t be concerned if the pick-up day listed on your letter is the same as your current pick-up day.
In the meantime, you can get an idea of when your new pick-up day will be by checking out the route lists below. We’ve listed the general areas we’ll be in with some of the roads we’ll be on to give a rough idea of where we’ll be.
- SR225 from Herndon Bypass Rd. to Trevorton
- Trevorton/Zerbe Twp.
- Trevorton Rd.
- Coal Twp. along Trevorton Rd.
- Northern Dornsife
- Creek Rd. by Dornsife Post Office
- State Rd.
- Dornsife Mtn Rd. to top of the mountain
- West Cameron
- Gowen City
- Duncan Island
- Middle Paxton Township (Commercial Only)
- Dauphin Borough (Commercial Only)
- Schwaben Creek Rd.
- Line Mountain Rd.
- Slutter Valley Rd.
- MiddleCreek Rd.
- Red Cross
- Leck Kill
- Old State Rd
- Salem Rd.
- Hebe/Hoofland Area
- Hooflander Rd.
- Klingerstown Rd.
- Hebe Bypass Rd.
- Raupstal Rd.
- Urban Rd.
- SR147 from Bridgeport to Millersburg
- Upper Paxton Twp.
- Tarry Hall Rd.
- Shippen Dam Rd. from Phillips to SR147
- Phillips Rd.
- SR25 from Phillips Rd. to SR209
- Millersburg Borough
- SR209 to Landfill Rd.
- SR147 from Herndon Bypass Rd. to Sunbury
- Irish Valley Rd.
- Cherry St.
- SR890 from top of Trevorton Mtn. to Houser Rd.
- Area from Boyles Run Rd. to Hallowing Run Rd.
- Including the ridge between Hallowing Run Rd. and Foye Rd. (but not Foye)
- West and East Ridge Rd.
- Boyer Hill Rd.
- Berrysburg Borough
- North Crossroads Rd.
- West of North and South Crossroads
- North of SR209 (Elizabethville, & Berrysburg Areas)
- Shippen Dam Rd. to Phillips Rd.
- Mountain Rd.
- Weaver Rd.
- Matterstown Rd.
- North Church, Wilhour, and Roller Rds.
- SR25 West of Crossroads to Phillips Rd.
- SR225 from Elizabethville to Pillow
- Small piece of Lykens Twp
- East and West Middle Rd.
- Garden Spot Rd.
- Schoaf Buck Rd.
- Valley Drive Rd.
- Halifax area residentials from Elizabethville Mtn. toward Halifax
- Armstrong Valley Rd.
- Powells Valley Rd. to Matamoras Rd.
- Mountain House Rd.
- Herndon Area
- Pottsville St.
- Herndon Bypass Rd.
- Herndon Rd.
- Mandata Rd.
- Amish School Rd.
- SR225 from Herndon Bypass Rd. to Mahantango Creek Rd.
- Dalmatia Area
- Middle Rd.
- Mountain Rd.
- Hickory Rd.
- Hickory Corners
- Mahantango Creek Rd.
- SR147 from Bidgeport to Herndon Bypass Rd.
- Lykens Twp. (The area around Gratz, less a few roads that are on our Wednesday satellite route)
- Luxemburg Rd.
- Erdman & Erman Rd.
- Rumshtown Rd.
- Picnic Rd.
- Spring Glen to Quaker Dr.
- Gratz Borough
- Specktown Rd.
- SR25 E of Crossroads
- South Crossroads south to Loyalton
- 209 to Millersburg
- Sunbury Area North of Hallowing Run Rd. and North of Cherry St. (Paxinos)
- Brush Valley Rd.
- Captain Bloom Rd.
- Seven Points Rd.
- Foye Rd.
- Mile Run Rd.
- SR61 from Sunbury to Hollow Rd. (near Ghezzi’s)
- Clark Rd.
- Furman Rd.
- Snydertown Rd.
- City of Sunbury
- Northumberland Borough
- Point Twp.
- Ridge Rd.
- Strawbridge Rd.
- SR11 from Norry to Ridge Rd.
- SR147 South of Millersburg to Halifax
- Halifax Borough
- Halifax Area
- Peters Mtn. Rd.
- Matamoras Rd.
- Camp Hebron Rd.
- Powells Valley & Armstrong Valley Commercial customers
- Mountain Rd.
- South River Rd.
New Pick-Up Day FAQ
- Q: When should I put my trash out?
- A: The night before your new pick-up day.
- Q: What if I didn’t get a notice?
- A: If you did not get a notice in the mail in the form of a pink postcard, or a white 1/3 cut sheet then your pick-up day is going to stay the same.
- Q: I have a problem with critters getting into my trash when I put it out the night before, what should I do?
- A: Use a trashcan, or one of our 96 Gallon Tipper Carts to “house” your trash over night.
Have another question? Go to our Contact Us page and use our contact form!
We understand that this transition will take some adjusting for everyone. It’s going to take some time for us to get used to our new routes, as well. We’ve done our best to make sure things go smoothly. Please have your trash out the night before your new pick-up day. Pick-up times are going to fluctuate from week to week so it’s important your trash is ready for us no matter what time we arrive on your pick-up day.
We’re excited for this change and we’re pumped that we can continue to provide clean, timely and affordable waste removal services to the area!
Thank you for your business! We appreciate everyone of you!
The Heim’s Disposal Service Team