Rearload Garbage Truck Driver/Operator
We’re looking for a rearload garbage truck driver/operator to join our team! If you’re looking for an active position that gets you up and moving more than your typical truck driving jobs, then this is the occupation for you. You can get outside and enjoy the seasons while servicing our local communities with high quality waste removal services.
You will be responsible for safely operating a rearload truck along an assigned route to pick-up residential and commercial customers. You will perform daily pre/post truck inspections of your assigned truck and notify our mechanic and manager of any truck issues. We like our trucks kept clean and neat, so you will be responsible for washing and cleaning the exterior and interior of the truck on a weekly basis. Truck washing and cleaning time IS PAID!
Details & Perks:
You’ll have a designated truck to drive (with the exception of when it would need maintenance or repairs), so you don’t need to worry about switching trucks daily. We have a full-time mechanic to maintain and repair our trucks, which means more uptime and less frustration for our drivers. Each of our operators stay connected with a company supplied two-way radio that allows for easy communication with office staff, as well as fun conversations with co-workers throughout the day.
We run Monday through Friday and do not work weekends with few exceptions. Start times are somewhat flexible to allow our drivers to adjust their routes to their lifestyle. We respect that you have a life and a family outside of work, so we structure our routes in a way that assures you’re home every day in a timely fashion.
This position is salary plus time-and-a-half overtime. The need for waste removal isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, so rest assured you will have reliable and steady income without the worry of being laid off.
- Salary + Time-and-a-half overtime
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance w/ Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Company covers 90% of driver’s premium!
- Monthly Company HSA Contributions
- Company Supplied Uniform, Rain Gear, and Gloves
- Annual Work Gear Allowance (can be used for work boots, winter jacket, etc.)
- 401(k) with 3% contribution match
- Weekly fuel-up of your personal vehicle
- Free Residential trash service for your home
- Must have at minimum a Class B CDL w/ air brake endorsement
- Must be able to safely operate, enter, and exit the truck
- We run single operator trucks, so this person must be able to drive, as well as load the truck both by hand and using truck attachments. This requires the applicant to be capable of safely lifting and handling a minimum of 40 pounds. Truck is equipped with cart tipper and reeving winch for tipper carts and dumpsters.
- Must be comfortable with backing the truck often and occasionally operating it in tight spaces.
- Previous Commercial Vehicle driving experience preferred.
Come join a team of waste hauling professionals providing clean, timely, and affordable service to the local area.
Fill out the online application below, or visit our office to fill one out in person. You can also download an application HERE and return to this page to upload it on the last page of the online application (read more below)